Adentica Family Dentists COVID-19 Policy Statement
We are aware of some patients asking us about vaccination and health risks while attending our dental practice during the pandemic. Hence, we wish to discuss the following details:
Screening to understand risk
- We will screen all patients attending the practice to assess risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- It is not a requirement to have PCR COVID Test prior to any dental procedure however it may be recommended based on a patient’s risk profile.
- Vaccination is not mandatory for dental patients.
- Vaccination is mandatory for all staff members in our practice in accordance with the Workers in a healthcare setting (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements) Direction issued by Queensland Government.
- If you are unvaccinated for any reason we respect your decision. Your wellbeing is our utmost priority.
No Community Transmission
- If you are unvaccinated, or partially vaccinated (including second dose less than one week) and attending our dental practice during the time of no community transmission, we do not see any significant additional risk to your health.
Active Community Transmission
- During active community transmission, despite our best effort in screening patients, we cannot completely exclude the possibility that COVID positive patients will attend the practice. This poses a minor but significant risk to both vaccinated and unvaccinated patients.
- If you are unvaccinated, or even partially vaccinated (including second dose less than one week) attending our dental practice we may ask you to defer your treatment if possible. In cases of emergency treatment, we will work with you to reach a suitable solution.
- Not just unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, but fully vaccinated patients over the age of 70 and/or with complex medical history may be asked to reconsider their procedure during a time of active community transmission considering a potential risk of accidental exposure.
The health and safety of our patients and team is our priority and we are grateful for your support.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Dr Ashley Dent Dr Kim Johnson Dr Andrew Dunn Dr Jemma Britton
Principal Dentist Dentist Dentist Dentist